Another Country is a weekly program which airs on Community Radio WEFT 90.1 FM in Champaign, Illinois from 6-8 p.m.(central) on Thursday evenings. I play a wide range of tunes very loosely tied to terms like Americana or Roots Music, but I have been known to range beyond those categories on occasion (and I almost always manage to squeeze a little Dylan in there somewhere). The first part of the show frequently revolves around some theme while the last part of the show features extended samplings from new or recent releases.

If you don't live in the central Illinois area, you can listen to the show online by going to http://weft.org/and clicking the "listen online" button.

If you can't listen to the show live, you can now listen to it anytime from this blog. Just click the arrow on the bar at the bottom of each playlist.

Comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

Enjoy!

Playlists:

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Another Country with Duffy 12/04/2014
6:00PM to 8:00PM
The Derailers “Everything I Believe In” from Soldiers Of Love (2006) on Palo Duro
The Derailers “I Don't Believe I'll Fall In Love Today” from Reverb Deluxe (1997) on Sire-Watermelon
Waylon Jennings “I Do Believe” from Nashville Rebel (2006) on RCA
Alison Krauss “I Don't Believe You've Met My Baby” from Now That I've Found You: A Collection (1995) on Rounder
Conway Twitty “It's Only Make Believe” from The Conway Twitty Collection (1994) on MCA
Willie Nelson “I Still Can't Believe You're Gone” from One Hell Of A Ride (2008) on Columbia-Legacy
Zoe Muth “You Only Believe Me when I'm Lying” from Zoe Muth and the Lost High Rollers (2009) on Zoe Muth
Slaid Cleaves “Hard To Believe” from Everything You Love Will Be Taken Away (2009) on Music Road
Bobby Charles “I Believe In Angels” from Last Train To Memphis (2004) on Rice N Gravy
Emmylou Harris “Before Believing” from Pieces of the Sky (2004) on Rhino/Warner Bros.
Emmylou Harris “Making Believe” from Luxury Liner (2004) on Rhino-Warner
June Star “Still Believe” from Slow Dance (2012) on June Star
Christy Mcwilson “True Believer” from Bed Of Roses (2002) on Hightone
Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks “You Got To Believe” from Striking It Rich (1971) on MCA
JJ Grey & Mofro “I Believe (In Everything)” from Orange Blossoms (2008) on Alligator
Tim Hardin “Reason To Believe” from 1 + 2 (1995) on Repertoire
Cat Power “I Believe In You” from Jukebox (2008) on Matador
Bob Dylan “I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)” from The Bootleg Series Vol. 4: Live 1966 (1998) on Columbia
Neil Young “I Believe In You” from After The Gold Rush (2009) on Reprise
The Black Crowes “Walk Believer Walk” from Warpaint (2008) on Silver Arrow
Eric Von Schmidt “Believer” from 2nd Right, 3rd Row (2003) on Tomato
Eric Von Schmidt “My Love Come Rolling Down” from 2nd Right, 3rd Row (2003) on Tomato
Eric Von Schmidt “Fair And Tender Ladies” from 2nd Right, 3rd Row (2003) on Tomato
Willie Nelson & Sister Bobbie “Always” from December Day: Willie's Stash Vol. 1 (2014) on Legacy
Willie Nelson & Sister Bobbie “What'll I Do” from December Day: Willie's Stash Vol. 1 (2014) on Legacy
Willie Nelson & Sister Bobbie “Alexander's Ragtime Band” from December Day: Willie's Stash Vol. 1 (2014) on Legacy
Old 97's “Wish the Worst” from Hitchhike To Rhome (2014) on Omnivore
Old 97's “Doreen” from Hitchhike To Rhome (2014) on Omnivore
Old 97's “4 Leaf Clover” from Hitchhike To Rhome (2014) on Omnivore
Old 97's “4 Leaf Clover” from Hitchhike To Rhome (2014) on Omnivore
Old 97's “Dancing With Tears” from Hitchhike To Rhome (2014) on Omnivore
Randy Newman “Rollin'” from Good Old Boys (2002) on Rhino-Reprise





No comments:

Post a Comment